This is not the House that we are talking about, but similar
Sometimes Video does not load. Sorry about that. Pl Come back later.
Victoria is the capital of the Island of Gozo. Also known as Rabat, the name Victoria was given to the town in 1887 in honour of the famous British Queen on her Golden Jubilee celebrations. On that day the town was also raised to the status of a city and became then officially called Citta' Vittoria. Victoria embraces the ancient Citadel and the old city of Rabat which means the suburb in Arabic. This name Rabbatum was first documented in 1455 in a notorial deed of Andrea de Beniamin.
The Citadel is undoubtedly of the greatest historical interest, a fortified town built by the Arabs and a visit here is a must. The fortifications house the Gozo Cathedral, the Law Courts, the Cathedral Museum, the Museum of Archaeology, the Folklore Museum, the Citadel Armoury, the Old Prisons and the Natural Science Museum. From the ramparts one enjoys a superb view of the whole island and as far as Malta.
The city centre, Pjazza Indipendenza commonly known as It-Tokk is dominated by the Banca Giuratale formerly the seat of the municipal Government of Gozo built in the years of our Lord 1733 and 1738. Close to this central square is the Market and a number of shops, restaurants and cafes where visitors to the town can have a snack and a coffee while relaxing in the shade.